Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Oh the inhumanity!!!! Orange Yarn...EEEEEK



Today I am visiting the whole "Eeeeek, I have orange yarn in my stash, where did it come from and will it contaminate my other yarn!" issue. On my favorite loom knitting group Knifty Knitter Looms we have had a huge discussion about the repugnancy of orange yarn, OK, so I was the one that used the word repugnant. But, in my defense, I was referring to the terrible neon orange acrylic yarns that have only one use...Hunting caps and vests. And yes, I do have one of those skeins in my stash and NO, it has not contaminated my stash. But, just to be on the safe side, I have quarantined the offending skein in a plastic bag and put it with my other acrylic yarns (yes, I AM a yarn snob.). Interestingly, everyone who responded to the orange yarn thread had one or more those offensive masses of fiber in their stash of yarn, some dating back to pre-industrial age yarns. So, what to do with these parasites. Team Scarves...yes, saddly, there are professional sports teams that have chosen this color to represent them on the playing field. Thereby subjecting their loyal fans to painting faces and bodies in this same color. Halloween.....scary holiday enough said. I have, however, posted a picture showing that I use orange yarn on a regular basis, but it is not disgusting acrylic straw. I have made several beautiful scarves using orange shades and complimenting colors. The moral of the story is that if you must use orange yarns, which happen to be quite fashionable in the right types. Please, Please, Please, use a nice orange yarn, not neon acrylic.

Get Paid To Read Emails