Thursday, February 02, 2006

Storage...I promised




I promised to show how I store my yarn and keep the colors porganized as well as the animals out. I found out that cats and yarn are not a very good combination, atleast in the humans eyes.

I bought the containers that the yarn is in at the Dollar Store and the shelves at a thruft store for $10. You don't have to spend alot of money to get organized. But I must admit that currently my yarn is the ONLY thing organized in my house. Right now I have it seperated out by color, but the baskets are overflowing and I have more yarn that won't fit with the correct color so I am going to have to start separating by texture or fiber as well.

For my yarns that are ear marked for a certain project, I separate them out into a large ziplock baggy. That way when I am ready to start a new project I don't have to dig thru the baskets, make a mess and have to resort (although sometimes I like to do that, its fun). And before you ask, no what I have in the picture is not all of my yarn. To give you an idea, I am going to clean out a spare bedroom and turn into my "Yarn Room" to house all my yarn, needles, hooks and looms and any other sundry paraphanalia. Come on, all you yarn addicts know exactly what I am talking about. Happy sorting!

Get Paid To Read Emails