Friday, February 10, 2006

Knitting to the Classics

OK, someone at my church wants me to teach a class on loom knitting or a focus group on classical music and opera (my other passion)once a month. So I decided to do both in one and call it Knitting to the Classics. I can teach loom knitting to those who don't know how or those who knit or crochet can just do their thing while we listen to classical music and discuss it. To take it a step further, I thought we could knit for charity while we are at it. What do you think? Personally, I thought it was pretty dang clever,m if I do say so myself. OK, so I am dislocating my shoulder while patting myself on the back. I'll stop now or I won't be able to knit.

On another note, I have been teaching myself to knit with needles. I tried to learn years ago and hated it, but this go around I am really loving it. So far I have got the cast-on. Knit stitch and bind-off handled. This weekend I am going to learn to purl and do the elongated (drop) stitch. I will post pics of my progress, let me know what you think, and feel free to offer suggestions, my skin isn't to thin (I knitted me an armor). SO here is the first pic of my newest fiber hobby.

Get Paid To Read Emails