Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Loom vs Needles

The last 2 weeks I have been neglecting my knitting looms in favor of....GASP...dare I say......Knitting needles. I decided to teach myself to needle knit in order to better understand the stitches and patterns to convert to the loom. I was not expecting to fall in love with knitting with needles.. I tried to take it up a few years ago and hated it, but that was before I started loom knitting. I feel I better understand the concept now.

OK, so I know the projects are not top quality, but hey, cut me a break, I am just learning. 2 days ago I taught myself the "drop" or elongated stitch. That was one of the main reasons I took up the needles. After I finish the scarf I am working on, I will work on increase/decrease next. This is actually quite fun.

Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch in my favorite coffee house, with my grandaughter asleep in my arms, knitting and a great cup of coffee next to me. I realized at that moment my life was about as perfect as it gets!! So, here is a pic of my newest attempt on needles. I am using 10.5 alumminum needles and a very soft (the only domestic yarn I like) Angel Hair from Joanne's. I also threw in a pic of my gorgeous granddaughter.

Happy Valentine's Day all!!!

Get Paid To Read Emails