Sunday, February 19, 2006

BRRRRRRRRRRR Cold

17 degrees outside and falling!!! It has been snowing on and off all weekend and been bitter cold. I only ventured outside for the very important things in life....The Symphony and shovling the drive and walk ways. Good weekend to stay indoors sipping hot cocoa by a roaring fire. It has given me plenty of time to devote to my knitting though. I am now about 3/4 done with my orange scarf on the needles (yes, I said orange). I have neglected my looms this weekend though. I also picked up my crochet hooks this weekend. I finished a soft green shawl and started on a heavy gray shawl (cold weather inspires me to make warm things!) It gets really cold at work sometimes so I like to keep a heavy shawl there and one and home in my office. This morning was a 2 shawl morning.

I have been cleaning my yarn messes in my office, sorting through projects and deciding which ones to keep and which ones to frog. Quite a few made it to the frogging pile. My big desk in my office was unusable because of the yarn and looms and such. I now have a nice clean desk. Unfortunately I also now have a box of tangled yarns that I found (I think that will make a nice project for my son to do while watching TV..hmmmmm). I want to get more organized with all my yarns and looms and needles and various paraphinalia. I have the yarn organized into containers but the shelves are everywhere and my looms are a mess. I need to put up my pegboard to hang the looms and get all my shelving on one wall. Awhile ago I did start filing away all my patterns by type in a file drawer and that has been wonderful. Eventually I will get it all done.

Right now, I think I need to go make more hot cocoa and sit my the fire. Even with heavy socks on my feet are cold and I am having to wear fingerless gloves while I type. I think I will need an extra blanket or three also.

Get Paid To Read Emails